Lisa Sisneros Designs CT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My baby boy Dean Owen

+2
lingovise
Helen
6 posters

Go down

My baby boy Dean Owen Empty My baby boy Dean Owen

Post  Helen Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:35 am

Hi everybody

Finally some time to sit down, upload some photo's and annouce to you the birth of our son.

I knew that the midwife would break my waters on the 17th. As I had several nights of promising contractions that just died off and a few emotional blows in my friend circle. I was on my ends and already 6days overdue. We just had to wait for the green light form the Gyn. As I wanted a home birth but if I had to go in to the H there had to be space for me.
I was already 4 cm dialated at the time. At 11.55am she broke my waters and they were clear.
The contractions gradually grew stronger and I sat them through downstairs on my couch. The midwife had to leave for a short hour. Paul was home with me.
The contractions quickly came more frequent and I felt a change to them and down under. So we called the midwife who was already on her way back.
In between contractions I found myself in a trance. Something I did not have with Kate. I think because I was on an epi for an hour.
When the midwife got back she watched me for 10min and decided we neede to head upstairs. Once there I started having pushing contractions that were much mightier than I knew with Kate. They were hard to puff away and the midwife felt and said I was 7cm dialated. Oh joy! But I had 3 more to go... all of the sudden I had a major contraction that sent me flat om my back and I could not stop it.
The midwife realised that it was gonna go really fast all of the sudden.
Paul called mum to come as quick as they could (they live 5 min down the road and had Kate with them). She told me to push and I was looking at her scared and thought push at 7??!! she's nuts! But she coached me again to do so so I pushed.
I had to push 3 times. With the second she told me to sigh/puff but it was too late, his head went from not visable to very visable and she wanted to cut me but she couldn't get her fingers in the way. So nothing left to do but push one more time and there he was at 15.52pm!!
3 min after feeling that I was 7cm!!

He was very purple due to the speedy delivery but cried immediatly in my arms.

He weighed in at 10lbs and 11oc (4820gr) and 21 1/4" (54cm). :shock And he was healthy.

But because of the speedy and big birth I had once again got me a sub totale rupture and had to go to Hospital to be stitched up. It wasn't as bad as with Kate though.

I had to stay upstairs for a few days for my hips and rest. And gradually I am picking up my life again downstairs, where my family and my computer are :yesss
I am trying to pick up my online life, so please bear with me :giggle
Breastfeeding is going well, I am healing really well and we are all in love with him. He is a very content and happy baby. Very strong too as he sat up in the hands of the midwife shortly after birth and held his head up high and long as well.

Here are a few pics. First is his check up shortly afterbirth, how he was laying in my tummy, second is Kate smothering him with love and the third I took today

My baby boy Dean Owen 17nov22

My baby boy Dean Owen 19nov4

My baby boy Dean Owen 25nov14copy4
Helen
Helen

Back to top Go down

My baby boy Dean Owen Empty Re: My baby boy Dean Owen

Post  lingovise Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:57 pm

love ohmyword! so gorgeous... Congratulations, Helen ♥️ !!
lingovise
lingovise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramona Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Ah those cheeks are so kissable!!! He is adorable! Congrats on a speedy and beautiful home birth! There is just nothing better than giving birth in your own home!
Ramona
Ramona

Back to top Go down

Post  DoodleBop Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:18 pm

So gorgeous! love Congrats!
DoodleBop
DoodleBop

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:31 am

Oohhhhhh, Helen---what an adventure! I'd SO glad everything turned out okay! And is he the cutest or WHAT?! love I loves chubby babies!! And holy crow--10 pounds, 11 ounces?? You deserve a medal! Sending lots of well-wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery your way, hon...well done! grin
Lisa
Lisa
Admin
Admin

https://lisasisdesignsct.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalue Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Wow, what a birth story!! I can't believe how big he is and how fast he came!! He is such a cutie and I can't wait to see him in some of your LO's!!
Mandalue
Mandalue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum